The Best Things You Can Do To Get Rid Of Dandruff
Posted on August 16 2018
Let's get this straight , dandruff isn’t caused by having unclean hair, in many cases, a yeast called malassezia is to blame. It’s often worse in Winter, as sunlight inhibits the yeast. Dandruff happens to the best of us and we all find it embarrassing and hard to talk about. But following these steps can help you out.
1. Natural bacteria on your scalp can protect against the yeast, but hair dyes can destroy them, so avoid dyeing if possible.
2. Dandruff shampoos that contain selenium sulfide or zinc are active against malassezia yeast. Leave them on for three to five minutes before rinsing.
3. The antifungal shampoo Ketoconazole is the most effective way to get rid of the yeast. Leave it on for three to five minutes before rinsing. Use it twice a week for two weeks, then once a fortnight to keep the yeast at bay.
4. For a natural alternative, tea tree oil was found in one study to reduce dandruff by almost half.
5. The skin condition psoriasis can affect just your scalp, causing red patches covered in silvery, flaky scales, and it can be itchy or uncomfortable. If you suspect you might be affected, see your doctor.